Energy and climate protection
"Less carbon & energy - more power"
We are aware of our responsibility:
If we are to sell apple juices with environmental sustainability in mind, we have to take energy consumption into account: energy-efficient plants make a significant contribution to saving energy and reducing our CO2 emissions.
- If we are to succeed in limiting global warming, we as a company must also use energy efficiently and also use clean energy sources.
- We are aware of our energy-intensive processes and have recognised that we have leverage in energy efficiency and diversification of energy sources to achieve improvements.
- We are also dependent on the climate in the sourcing of our raw material, as the climate has an impact on apple cultivation.
- Reduction of energy consumption (-10% by 2025)
- CO2 neutrality by 2040 (Scope 1 and Scope 2)
Our fields of activity
- Monitoring of energy consumption
- Focus on energy efficient systems
- Increase in self-production of electricity through photovoltaics
- Conversion of the lighting in the factory to LED
- Mechanical vapour compression
- Focus on CO2 reductions in Scope 1 and Scope 2
- Promotion of climate-neutral mobility for employees
"As a supplier and partner to the largest food companies in the world, we want to make an active contribution to achieving climate and energy targets."
South Tyrol has been the largest organic apple supplier in Europe for many years. That is why the quantities delivered to the fruit processor VOG Products have more than tripled in three years.
EcoVadis rewarded the sustainability efforts of VOG Products with a silver medal.